In this unprecedented time, the Whitestone team is helping our clients, our employees, and our communities find and get access to resources and opportunities available to navigate through this crisis. We are staying connected and encouraging participation in these resources so we can all thrive as we see our way through this pandemic together. Below is a list of resources available we are continually updating as the situation evolves.
1. Tenant Resources Available
Congress passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, known as the CARES Act. The bill provides direct financial aid to support small businesses suffering economic injury due to COVID-19.
Financial & Business Resources
New Federal Funding Source for Small & Medium-Sized Businesses. Whitestone encourages our tenants to please check with their local lender or existing banking relationships.
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): Is a federally funded program which provides small businesses with forgivable loans for up to 8 weeks of payroll & benefit costs that can also be used for interest on mortgages, rent and utilities. Small businesses can apply through an existing SBA 7(a) lender or through any participating federally insured depository institution and federally insured credit union. Check with your local lender.
- Paycheck Protection Overview
- Paycheck Protection Application (PDF)
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQ
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Overview Links:
Coronavirus Emergency Small Business Guide and Checklist (PDF)
U.S. Chamber of Commerce Supplemental Grants to Small Businesses
Small Business Association (SBA): Provides support to entrepreneurs and small businesses. The SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan program provides working capital loans to those experiencing temporary loss of revenue due to COVID-19. Below is a comprehensive Coronavirus page with all of its resources in one place.
Main Street Lending Program: Is a federal government program providing crucial support to help small businesses survive the challenges created by the COVID-19 crisis. On April 9, the Federal Reserve announced a comprehensive $600B Main Street Lending Program, which is specifically designed to support small and medium-sized businesses. Importantly, participation in the Paycheck Protection Program does not limit a company’s participation in the Main Street Lending Program.
- Eligible businesses: Up to 10,000 employees or 2019 revenue <$2.5 billion
- Main Street New Loan Facility Program Information
State and Local Programs
The states in which Whitestone operates in offer guidance and assistance for businesses impacted by COVID-19:
IRS – Arizona Small Business/Self-Employed Resource Page
PPEP Microbusiness & Housing Development Corporation (PMHDC) Loan Resource Page
Arizona Local Impact Fund Resource Page
IRS – Texas Small Business/Self-Employed Resource Page
Texas Woman’s University – Center for Women Entrepreneurs Emergency Relief Grant Resource Page
San Antonio – LiftFund Resource Page
Third Party Programs/Grants/Credits/Funds
Some companies, industry associations, nonprofit charitable foundations, and third party organizations are offering access to grants, funds, loans, or credits to small and medium sized businesses.
- Google Small/Medium Sized Business Ad Credits
- Business For All Grants
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- GoFundMe Small Business Relief Fund
- Yelp Advertising Relief Fund
- Restaurant Strong Fund
- National Restaurant Association Employee Relief Fund
- James Beard Foundation – Food and Beverage Industry Relief Fund
- Restaurant Opportunities Center (ROC) United Disaster Relief Fund
- Southern Smoke Emergency Relief Program
- USBG Foundation Bartender Emergency Assistance Program
- Shopify Gift Card Program
- Square Gift Card Program
- Rally For Restaurants Gift Card Program
Whitestone CARE PROGRAM Tenant Counseling Team Contact Information:
2. Community Resources Available
Whitestone’s Community Centers play a critical role in the neighborhoods we serve, providing access to essential services such as groceries, pharmacies, medical and urgent care facilities, and essential retail services.
- We are constantly monitoring recommendations and complying with mandates of municipal, state, and federal governments and health authorities. Wherever permissible, our centers will remain open to continue to provide access to these essential goods and services.
- We are continuously sharing news and healthcare best practices to our essential service providers about special hours and curbside pick-up on social media channels.
- Our dedicated teams are responding quickly to the needs of our communities by finding creative and meaningful ways to use our essential centers.
State and Local COVID-19 Response Information
3. Health Best Practices Resources Available
CDC Guidance to Help Businesses Combat the Spread of COVID-19 and other viruses.
- CDC Guidance
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Healthcare Best Practices for Businesses Factsheets
- Texas Health Department Website
4. Employee Resources Available
The health and safety of our employees and their families are our top priority. We have taken steps to protect and support them, and to enable them to care for family members and children whose lives have also been impacted.
- Beginning March 20, we transitioned our non-essential workforce to work from home during this critical social distancing period.
- All business travel has stopped until further notice. State-of-the-art technology and software allow our full team to work from anywhere fairly easily.
- Our human resources and information technology teams are available to all employees to address any needs or concerns they may have.
- Our medical and non-medical plan provides important support for both physical and psychological needs during this stressful period. Associates will receive time off to care for themselves or family members as they need.
- We’ve increased communications at all levels and have initiated company-wide virtual meetings to keep our employees connected and informed.
Whitestone’s Human Resources department has been providing regular communications and updates on how employees and vendors can manage stress and anxiety during these unprecedented times. The team continually interacts with all levels of management to ensure their teams remain productive, efficient, and engaged as they adjust to remote work. Whitestone encourages our managers and staff to utilize our Comprehensive Learning resources to help with developmental training during downtime.
- Cigna’s Disaster Resource Center
Stress Reactions and Self-Care Strategies After a Traumatic Event
Supporting Coworkers and Others After a Traumatic Event
- Cigna Stress Management Page
- Cigna – TeleHealth Information:
amwellforcigna.com or Amwell – 855-667-9722
mdliveforcigna.com or MDLIVE – 888-726-3171
- Sun Life Employee Assistance Program (EAP): 24/7 Service available Professional Counseling Sessions at no cost
guidanceresources.com or 877-595-5281
Company web ID: EAPBusiness Company Name: White (select Whitestone REIT from the drop-down)
- LifeCare Employee Assistance Program (ADP Resources): 24/7 Service available Professional Counseling Sessions at no cost
Go to ADP < Resources < My Tools < Life CARE
Whitestone management will continue to evaluate and adjust our approach as the pandemic unfolds. We are dedicated to enabling our employees to be as productive as possible while providing the flexibility they need to care for themselves and their families.
5. For Investors: Whitestone REIT COVID-19 Business Update Press Releases
- Company Release 3/24/2020 4:15PM ET – WHITESTONE REIT PROVIDES BUSINESS UPDATE ON IMPACT OF COVID-19